Posted Date: January 26, 2023
Join a creative, award-winning creative team as a bilingual copywriter that will assist in writing the words that will make our ads shine. We are looking for a copywriter that is fluent in both English and Spanish and is confident in writing both short and long form copy that includes headlines, print ad copy, radio and television scripts, social media content, public relations releases, web copy, digital ad copy, and blog posts. A large portion of the workload will be Spanish copy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Writing copy across all mediums, from email, web, pr, to social and print.
• Proofreading copy on creative pieces, Word docs, spreadsheets, and presentations.
• Contributing ideas during brainstorming sessions and developing them into bigger ideas after brainstorming sessions.
• Work closely with the Creative team to develop creative ideas from conceptual to execution phase.
• Meet with our brands and internal teams to learn about the brand’s background and goals.
• Researching subject matters and finding a clear connection between a creative idea and the strategy/messaging.
• Editing existing copy to fit specific mediums.
• Ability to do necessary research to fully understand the brands that you will be writing copy for.
• Respond to feedback and direction to complete tasks successfully.
• Translate and transcreate content from English to Spanish or from Spanish to English.
• Assist in other necessary tasks in the agency as needed.
• Write both English and Spanish copy effectively
• Write copy that fits within strategies and creative ideas
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Creative Writing, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
• Native speaker or fluent in both English and Spanish.
• Must be a Creative writer / Copywriter. Must have love for words and content.
• Proven writing experience in both languages.
• Excellent storytelling, grammar, and punctuation skills in both languages.
• Good presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude and openness to feedback from both client and internal.
• Ability to think conceptually and execute creative that meets strategic goals for our brands.
• High level of creativity and accuracy.
• Ability to coordinate projects from inception to completion and meet demanding deadlines.
• Impeccable time management and prioritization skills.
• Collaboration skills and familiarity of the role of designers and other roles/positions within an agency.
• Great proofing skills.
• Team Player- works well with others and independently as well.
• Hybrid Schedule: Entails being on-site approximately 2-3 days weekly in San Antonio, TX with the remaining days/hours being remote. This could change or turn into a fully in-person schedule at anytime.
At Chamoy Creative we believe that the hiring process should always be casual and transparent. Here is Chamoy Creative’s process: First, select the position you want to apply for and check if your skills and experience match our requirements. Then you can complete our general application form. If we feel you have the skills we are looking for, we’ll give you a call to set up our first conversation over the phone. If everything feels right, the next step would be an initial interview at our office. If that meeting is successful, we will then have the necessary additional interviews and presentations of the team. If it looks like you are the perfect match, an offer would then be extended, followed by a warm welcome to the Chamoy Creative team.